Saturday 6 October 2018

The Clockwise War Part 7


"It's time for the end."

Writer: Scott Gray
Format: Comic Strip
Released: 20th September 2018
Printed in: DWM 530

Featuring: Twelfth Doctor, Bill

Synopsis

The Clockwise War comes to its epic conclusion as we say goodbye to the Twelfth Doctor once and for all. Will he salvage his relationship with Fey or will the Absence take full control and exert the ultimate revenge? What role will Shayde play in all this? One thing is for certain, things will never be the same again!

Verdict

The Clockwise War concluded in terrific fashion with a very good seventh and final part of what has been an epic comic strip farewell to the Twelfth Doctor! Now, I can firmly say goodbye to the Twelfth Doctor after four fantastic years of stories across a number of formats and it's now time to turn my attention to the arrival of the Thirteenth Doctor! I really liked Jodie Whittaker's interview in this edition of Doctor Who Magazine and she seems very excited to be the Doctor and that's hugely positive. I've loved every single interview or clip I've seen of her promoting the new series and I cannot wait to now see her in action. She seems magnificent! I liked the excitement that was evident in Galaxy Forum with impending arrival and I am very excited to read the preview of The Woman Who Fell to Earth/. I'm sure Chris Chibnall will have delivered a stellar opening episode and I'll also be keen to read the preview of The Ghost Monument. I basically just can't wait for the new series and I'm ridiculously excited. I'm very much looking forward to reading the Meet the Team interview as well and I'll have to be quick to read it before Jodie arrives on our screens tomorrow evening. Chris Chibnall's production notes were very good and I'm interested to see these might change once some episodes go out and we see everything in action. I'll be looking forward to the usual features in the magazine but the firm focus of my enjoyment will be centred around Series 11 and the arrival of the Thirteenth Doctor. Now, back to her predecessor and I thought the Twelfth Doctor had a fantastic comic strip outing here. It was quite interesting to read him in a comic after twelve days of him on television and I have to say I don't understand why Nardole never made it to the DWM strips. Anyway, the story concluded in a very good way and I liked how the Doctor finally made Fey see sense of what the Absence was doing to her. Once she was told what she'd been doing, she broke free of the Absence and destroyed him! It was quite a quick resolution but I did like how Shayde sacrificed what he had left to replenish Fey so she could live again without his presence on her. The recognition Fey had from Kennosium was very good and I liked the excitement in the climax. Hugo getting the final word over Alexander Truscott was also a very nice touch. I'm not sure if Bass Reeves or Totika needed to be present but as a whole, this was quite an epic comic strip!

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment